To be an acknowledged leader in imparting Mechanical Engineering education, research and be a recognized resource centre for industry and society
- To make the students understand the basic and advanced Engineering concepts in the core fields of Mechanical Engineering through Under-graduate and Post-Graduate Courses.
- To prepare the students and expose them to basic and applied research, thus fostering creativity through recognized research centers.
- To make the students undergo training in the Industries, identify the current problems and solve them with multidisciplinary and professional approach.
- To prepare the students to integrate Engineering with business that encourages technological commercialization by inviting eminent entrepreneurs for seminars and workshops.
- To make the students to do application oriented projects which identify the current problems, solving them and thus contribute to the societal needs.
- To inculcate the value of ethics, lifelong learning and widening the knowledge frontiers through long term interaction with other academia and industry.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- Our graduates will have fundamental technical knowledge and develop core competency in diversified areas of Mechanical Engineering along with Mathematics, Science and other allied engineering subjects in a view to expand the knowledge horizon and inculcate lifelong learning.
- A fraction of our graduates will pursue advanced studies, research and develop products in the field of Mechanical engineering by developing partnerships with industrial and research agencies thereby serving the needs of the industry, government, society and scientific community.
- Our graduates will be capable of building their own career upon a solid foundation of knowledge and with a strong sense of responsibility serve their profession and society ethically.
- Our graduates will be prolific professionals with effective communication; leadership; teaming; problem solving; decision making skill by understanding contemporary issues and improving their overall personality for career development.
Short Term Goals
- To increase the number of membership of professional bodies in Mechanical Engineering.
- To have frequent interaction program with standard domain Industries.
- To provide students a strong academic excellence and quality programs beyond the syllabus.
Long Term Goals
- To establish a centre of excellence in Mechanical Engineering.
- To be a research centre carrying out high impact research works and consultancy in the emerging areas.
- To produce a energetic and quality young Mechanical Engineers who perform in academic and extra co-curricular activities.
- To graduate students capable of build up their careers upon a solid foundation of knowledge.
- To increase the richness of the learning process by sharing current research results and experiences of life-long careers in Mechanical Engineering to the students.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Students will be competent in design and analysis of thermal and fluid systems.
- Students will possess the skill to apply design concepts for mechanical structures and systems.
- Student will be able to design and develop industrial products using modern machines in the field of manufacturing.
- Students will be able to use software for structural, thermal, fluid and manufacturing problems.